Thank you for selecting Birkenstock. Every item is backed by our long tradition of selling quality footwear. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, simply ship it back to us within 30 days of receiving your order, in new and unworn condition with original packaging, and we will happily process an exchange. This does not apply to sale items.
For all returns:
- Unworn or unused items may be returned upon presentation of your receipt within 30 days of purchase. This policy does not apply to sale items.
- Full refund of your purchase (with receipt) within 7 days of purchase only if the item(s) are not worn. If no receipt is presented within the 7 day period (unworn items with original packaging only), we may exchange your purchase at the current price. This policy does not apply to sale items.
- All merchandise received back must be in their original purchase condition (not worn) including product packaging.
- Returns are subject to inspection upon receipt. All packaging, including original containers, must be unmarked and not defaced in any manner.
- Should you wish to request a courier to return or exchange your purchase, BASH will cover the cost of the first collection. If you need to exchange the second purchase you will then have to arrange and cover the cost of a courier to send the shoes back to us.
Once we receive and inspect your return we will exchange / issue a credit to you for the value of the merchandise (including any sales tax, if applicable), which will be applied to the payment method used on the original purchase. Any shipping charges that may apply will not be refunded. Please allow 2-3 weeks (including transit time) for the processing of your refund.
Please note, we can only accept returns from purchases made on www.bashafrica.com. If you made a purchase from an independent retailer or another online retailer, please return the product to the store from which you purchased, under the guidelines of their respective return policy.
If you are unhappy with your purchase, please contact us on email@example.com and specify which action should be carried out (exchange or refund).
Include all necessary details, proof of purchase and picture of the condition of the shoe, within the relevant time frames as stated above. If you want to exchange your shoes for a different shoe please provide this information. If you require a refund, please provide your bank details for EFT. Please note, all refunds could take up to 7-10 business days before receiving it, however we are committed to processing refunds and returns as quickly as possible. Please consult with your bank for further inquiries if you have not received your refund within this time frame.
Once we've received your return form, we will provide you with a reference to mark your parcel with and arrange for the courier to collect your parcel at a time convenient to you and provide you with a return bag for your shoes. Your new pair or refund will only take place once we've received your shoes.
Should you wish to exchange your order for a shoe of higher value, you will be required to pay the balance of the new pair before shipping it to you. The balance owing will be communicated to you via email, along with our bank details.
Alternatively, you may also return or exchange your shoes at any of our Birkenstock stores in South Africa using our STORE LOCATOR to find your nearest Birkenstock store.
Although we aim to provide you with the highest quality Birkenstock shoes without any defects, there are those few with material imperfections. These are considered defects. If you would like to report a defect or faulty pair, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the proof of purchase and imagery of the fault/s. Once we've inspected and confirmed the defect as a manufacturing fault, we will arrange collection from you for the faulty pair and have a replacement pair sent to you, only if the shoes were purchased within 6 months of reporting the fault.
The following are NOT considered defects:
- Faults resulting from normal wear and tear after 6 months from purchase date
- Damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product. Please refer to our CARE TIPS for more information on how to take care of your shoes
- Where specs of the product, although accurately described on the website and generally fit for its intended use, are not suitable to you for whatever reason
Replacement products which become defective within 3 months can be returned for a full refund or exchange, providing the original receipt for this pair is supplied. We will not replace or refund any defect pair without its original proof of purchase.
Should you wish to exchange a pair of Birkenstock's received as a gift, the person who purchased the shoes will need to provide us with the proof of purchase for this pair. This is to ensure the shoes were indeed purchased from Birkenstock South Africa. If you wish to return this gift for a refund instead, we can only refund the person who purchased it from us, providing proof of purchase and bank details for the person who purchased them. Please note, we do not accept returns on sale items.
Please note, if you for any reason get your shoes wet and wish to return it to us, we will not accept it as this is considered negligence. Please refer to our CARE TIPS to ensure you are taking the best care of your shoes.
For further inquiries please contact customer service: email@example.com